Wednesday 23 January 2013

Summer Shoot Review

Today I filmed the part of the song where she walks into school after having a makeover over summer. This is to match the lyrics

"Over the summer something changed...


and I walked right into school and caught you staring at me!
'Cause I know, what you know, and now you're gonna have to take a number.
It's okay, maybe one day,

But not until you give me my diamond ring."

I filmed shots where the visuals will match the lyrics for 'staring at me' and for 'take a number I got a shot of her arm pushing him away.
I think this shoot went well, the sun was shining a bit today, and Vanessa was in a summery dress and heels, and reuben was in a summer t-shirt. I used a close up of her heels as she walked in, and used a low angle shot to show her now being superior. I also got someone to hold a hairdryer to her face as she walked in, so that it looked like her hair was blowing in the wind. Although, on the first attempt the hairdryer was on hot and Vanessa started running away half way through filming, because of being burnt! Eventually I got a shot of her walking in lip syncing and without running away from the hairdryer!

Overall I am very happy with todays shoot, and think that the footage will look good.  I took a variety of close ups to show emotions, for example, Reubens shocked face and then two close ups of him dropping his pen.

No comments:

Post a Comment