Friday 4 January 2013

Diary!

Today I was thinking about how I can make my video and ancillary texts have a continuous theme. I went into town and had a look around the shops for extra props, and ended up in a fancy dress shop. I suddenly had a lot of ideas about making my video more exciting by adding crazy fancy dress outfits. Although, sadly I am on a budget and I don't think I should change my music video pitch dramatically before I have tried out my orginal ideas.
However, I did manage to find two Pink Ladies jackets, which were the last in stock! I am going to get the two 'girlie girls' wearring these in the white background shoot, and I am going to get the main artist to wear a black leather jacket to resmble the T-Birds in Grease! I am going to go more towards the Pink Ladies theme now, and this will enable me to show a strong connection between my music video and digipak. Here is a photo I took of one of the Pink Ladies jackets:


I did consider getting the two 'girlie girls' to wear the pink ladies jacket throughout the video, and the main artist wear a leather jacket throughtout the video. I decided that I want to use different outfits in different locations throughout the video, and that way my music video will seem modern day, and not a remake of the concept of grease. (Just an intertexual reference!)

No comments:

Post a Comment