Monday 28 January 2013

Diary!

Today I have designed and annotated my album designs. I plan to make this album on photoshop, but I decided to show it to my younger sister who is a 14 year old girl (my target audience), and her friend who are the same age.

Here are my album designs:




























Here is my feedback:

Sophie, aged 14-- It stands out, because it has bright colours. It looks kind of pop art it, and yeah that's cool. I would probably buy it.

Caitlin, aged 14-
- If it was the actual Katy Perry I would buy it. It looks good. I think it's good for 14 year olds, but it might look a bit young for older people.


From my feedback I am going to make sure the colours aren't too bright and gather feedback from people my age to ensure I am not ONLY appealing to younger consumers. To try and make my feedback unbiased I told them it was my friend's designs!

I realised from looking closely at album's that a theme is often carried throughout, and often there is only one main picture. For example, one direction have a 'doodle' theme, to appeal to young girls.



On the first inlay of the album, it says 'Say Hello...' and then gives their Facebook, Twitter, Youtube and their website addresses. Radio one live lounge CD also has promotional info on the inside left cover. In my album cover I chose the wording, 'Check it out...', because Katy Perry is American and it is the colloquial language that teenage girls would use.

I decided to go with the theme of one main photo and then quite plain other sides, this is because I want the album to match the video. She is playing a teenage girl having a crush on a boy, therefore the album needs to show this. I am going to use plain outlines of a high heel, football, lipstick and hat, to relate to the music video.

No comments:

Post a Comment